With a presidential candidate running for president of the United States who just happens to belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the ant-Mormon literature and untruths have been taken to new lows lately. I wish to only tell you what the LDS Church really believes – from someone who attends church weekly and reads the scriptures daily and is grateful to be a member.
The purpose of the following postings over the course of the next couple of weeks or so will be two-fold : 1. to enlighten those who have an interest in learning more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and 2. to expose anti-Mormon false-hoods.
If you are a member of the LDS Church, I’m sure that you are familiar with all the anti-Mormon literature that is out there. If you are not a member, perhaps my postings will help you understand what we believe in and why – from the mouth of a Mormon and not from the mouth of those who are attacking the LDS Church.
Over the next several weeks, I will post and discuss roughly five different items of concern that the anti-Mormons have with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, aka, the Mormons :
1. I will discuss the rejection of the Trinity by the LDS Church – explain why, and what we as Mormons believe in, and why we do so.
2. I will discuss the total apostasy of Christ’s Church as organized by Him and why there was a need for a restoration vs. a reformation.
3. I will discuss the fact that Mormons do not believe that any of the scriptures known to man are absolutely infallible or complete, and explain/show why that is so.
4. I will discuss salvation through faith alone, and finally,
5. I will discuss the beliefs of Mormons concerning the Holy Spirit.
The purpose of these postings are to enlighten, expose, and learn from. I will not debate, argue, agree or disagree with any one’s comments, if there be any. That is not my purpose here. I only want to explain what The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believes about the various five items under discussion.
These postings will be taken primarily from a book entitled “Guess who wants to have you for lunch?”, by Alan Denison and D.L. Barksdale. This book can be purchased here:
This is a wonderful book and well worth the cost. IMHO